We are delighted to announce the following Prizes for the WMS 2021 Virtual Congress. All prize winners are decided by an international, multidisciplinary prize committee. Previous prizewinner details are available here.
- Six Elsevier Prizes for the best oral or poster presentations by young scientists (clinical or basic).
- A series of 20 additional Elsevier Awards of one year's membership subscription to the WMS for the runners-up Prizes.
- The President’s Prize for the Young Myologist of the Year funded from the President's Fund from proceeds of Honorary Lifetime President Victor Dubowitz’s memoirs (Ramblings of a Peripatetic Paediatrician).
- Additional President's Prize for the best presentation by an early career/ first-time presenter. Those who wish to be a candidate for this award should indicate that you are a first-time presenter on the online abstract submission page.
- Léa Rose Prize: This annual award is for the presenter of the most important contribution in SMA research at the WMS Congress.
- Duchenne Research Fund: Prize for the best presentation by a young myologist on therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.