Presentation Guidelines for Speakers and Oral Presenters
Deadline to complete pre-recording session: Friday, 20 August 2021
Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format
Ratio: Aspect ratio of your presentation should be 16:9
Layout: For live session presentations - Please keep the top right corner of your slides, free from title, text or images, as well as the bottom right corner (to avoid being hidden by your camera and other images)
CLICK HERE for useful tips on how to prepare and deliver your presentation.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosure
Please include the Congress template title slide with your name and the title of your lecture at the start of your presentation, followed by the Conflict of Interest disclosure slide that must be on screen for a minimum of 5 seconds to enable the content to be read in full.
CLICK HERE to download the title and disclosure slides template.
Publication Consent Form
During registration, participating speakers, presenters and moderators will have been asked to confirm consent for their presentations to be accessible to all registered participants via the virtual platform, for up to 3 months after the virtual congress, and on the WMS website for society members to access thereafter.
If this consent was not recorded from you at point of registration, we will be in touch in due course to request the information, so please do make sure to complete the form when received by email.
Deadline to complete pre-recording session: Tuesday, 20 August 2021
Presenters will receive an email with information and the link to book a recording slot by early July.
Please read the step-by-step instructions on preparing the pre-recording you received.
Watch a short video on how to prepare for your session
Read the Technical Guidelines before booking your recording session.
Book Your Recording Session via the link you received in the instructions email and add it to your Calendar.
- Finalise Your Presentation
- Attend the Recording Session
Live Session Presentation
In order to prepare for your LIVE session to ensure it will run smoothly, we ask you to join a technical briefing/rehearsal session closer to the congress dates.
Should you be requested to prepare a pre-recorded presentation (to be used as back-up in the case of technical issues), please refer to the pre-recorded presentation instructions.
Please read the instructions on preparing for the live session below.
- Finalise Your Presentation
Join a Technical Briefing/Rehearsal Session - You will receive an email request in due course with options to join one of several technical rehearsals for live sessions OR dates to join a specific session rehearsal, depending on your session type. Please note that the rehearsal session can take up to 1 hour although are usually finished in less time. Note rehearsals take place approximately a week before the congress.
Join the Live Session. Read the detailed instructions on How to Join a Live Session.
Ahead of the rehearsal session please arrange to have:
- An external, microphone connected to your computer. Alternatively, you can use the internal microphone of your laptop/computer.
- A computer with a functional webcam (the laptop internal webcam will work).
- A neutral background, white, uniformly colored wall, or similar. Avoid bright backlight by making sure that the main source of light (such as a window) is in front of you. Please do not use virtual backgrounds.
Stable internet connection. We recommend using wired internet if possible. If you use WiFi please make sure that you sit near the WiFi router. 4G cellular internet should not be used.
- Your PowerPoint presentation (16:9 format) ready and open on your screen.
- Zoom software installed on your computer in advance.
Joining the Live/Live Q&A Session
- Speakers and Moderators will receive a link to enter the Live Session/Live Q&A Session from a few days before the planned session.
- Please be ready to enter the live link 30 minutes in advance of the official start of the Live Session/Live Q&A Session in order for your internet speed and other technical issues to be checked and resolved by a technician.
- There will be a technician in the virtual room with you to assist and to guide you if you have queries.
- Moderators – for the live section of the session, we kindly request that you ensure the Q&A ends on time. Please note that if the session runs overtime, unfortunately we will need to stop the session.
- Participants will be able to ask questions to the speakers via chat whilst they view the lectures. These will be written questions only. The moderator’s role will be to decide which questions will be discussed at the end of all the speakers’ presentations.
If you have any questions, please contact support at: [email protected]